STAR VISITOR SPIRITUALITY: A SYNOPSIS
Richard J. Boylan, Ph.D.*
(C) 1996, 2008 revision
A synopsis of Star Visitor spirituality is presented, synthesized from information communicated by Star Visitors to humans during close encounters. These are the extraterrestrial races actually visiting the Earth, and may apply to other member cultures of their interstellar political-cultural alliance, called Star Nations.
This synopsis draws from a database constructed from 1989-present by Dr. Richard Boylan, research behavioral scientist and cultural anthropologist with graduate training in spirituality and philosophy. This database comes from in-depth debriefings of more than 180 experiencers. Those data provide the foundation for this analysis of the Star Visitors' views on spirituality.
The following spirituality topics are discussed: the Star Visitors' acknowledgment of, and ideas about, God; whether intelligent life is hierarchical or egalitarian; the Visitors' spiritual mission; whether Visitors are spiritual gurus; the Visitors' role in human development; the Star Visitors, Avatars and religious inspiration; Visitor views on death and judgment versus reincarnation; sin and the existence of evil; Creation and evolution; whether Redemption is universal; and the Star Visitors' ideas about God's family. The presentation concludes with an examination of possible human reactions to the Star Visitors' spiritual cultures.
This monograph on spirituality is constructed from data from more than 180 in-depth interview debriefings with experiencers of Star Visitor contact (Boylan, 1994). The author has also had personal dialog with Star Visitors which included some of these topics. The analysis and synthesis are the author's best distillation of that data.
It should be borne in mind that it is the nature of extraterrestrial communications that, in the overwhelming majority of instances, Star Visitors communicate with humans by telepathic transfer of mental images or concepts, rather than by words or speech. Thus, there inherently is some human interpretation of the mental impressions transmitted by a Star Visitor. Nevertheless, certain core Star Visitor concepts, upon which this synopsis is based, are consistently reported by many different experiencers, lending confidence to the analysis and synopsis.
1. Source/God. The Star Visitor races who have commented on the concept of God in answer to experiencers' questions, or who have brought the subject up themselves, uniformly affirm that they, too accept the reality of what Earthlings call God. However, the God they affirm is not the anthropomorphic or patriarchal figure of many Earth religions, but more of a Supreme Source -- a transcendent matrix of Consciousness, which underlies everything, and is that which gives essence and specificity to everything, which in turn is a partial manifestation of the Supreme Source.
In more experiential terms, the Star Visitors have taken experiencers and shown them God. The experiencers typically described being in the presence of intense, overwhelmingly brilliant light from which emanates incredibly intense love, such that the experiencer feels lost in the infinite love. The Visitors typically do not make extended commentary about God , but either assure the experiencer that they too accept God. Or they seem to let the direct experience of God speak for itself. The Visitors have, when confronted with human confusion about whether they are gods, emphatically clarified that they are not Source/God.
2. Extraterrestrial superiority? The issue of the visiting Star Visitor races' intellectual, cultural, genetic, technological and spiritual superiority, while not specifically a spirituality topic, bears discussing, because of the metaphysical implications. The average member of the Star Visitor races appears to manifest considerably higher intellectual capability than the average human. Such superiority may be partly due to education, culture, genetic engineering, or natural selection. Yet most Star Visitors consider humans as equals in the sense of being a fellow sentient, conscious intelligent life form.
Most of the Star Visitor races appear to be genetically advanced, as measured by more developed mental processes, sensory acuteness, parapsychological abilities, immune system robustness, reported longevity, and sophisticated nutritional processes. And without question, all Star Visitor cultures are more technologically advanced than we are. Their very ability to jump across vast interstellar space and/or dimensions is but one example of Visitor technological superiority.
Culturally, the Star Visitor races uniformly appear more advanced, as measured by the complex yet harmoniously interdependent functioning of their societies, absence of initiation of aggression, absence of warlike activities, the presence of altruistic concern for the Earth, its ecosystems and for humankind, the general absence of patronizing attitudes toward the more primitive human culture, and the Visitors holding to elevated philosophical and moral principles (Boylan, 1996).
The Star Visitors demonstrate highly-developed spirituality, as evidenced by the integration of spiritual awareness into their cultures, the absence of formalistic religious practices, broad compassionate attitude between cultures, and a highly-developed culture of concern for souls' development across lifetimes.
3. The Star Visitors' spiritual mission. While the Visitors have several missions which they are accomplishing by their gradually-intensifying contact with the Earth, let us consider here just their spiritual mission. Star Visitors have repeatedly communicated to experiencers about the need to remember their (the human's) origin. Often the forgetful human has been shown their existence as a spark of consciousness preexisting before this lifetime. In other instances, Visitors have shown humans previous lifetimes, during which the human processed experiences which offered the human the opportunity for spiritual development.
Often the Star Visitors have shown experiencers glimpses of a common origin with one or other extraterrestrial race group. This suggests cosmically broadened understandings of family, mutual concern and cherishing across star systems and lifetimes. In the present, Star Visitors typically demonstrate respect for Earthlings as fellow conscious entities. The Star Visitors have done considerable spiritual teaching during in-person encounters, touching on such subjects as the nature of life, metaphysical understanding of the nature of the cosmos, and a spiritually enlightened understanding of the community of intelligent life forms.
4. Are Star Visitors spiritual gurus? The sight of some Star Visitors, especially the luminous and noncorporeal ones, have prompted some humans who have come into their presence to consider these Star Visitors god-like, and to ask if they should be venerated. Uniformly the Star Visitors have quickly communicated to the human that they are not God, indeed that they, too recognize a supreme being. The Star Visitors express that they see their role as, and indeed act as, catalysts and facilitators for growth in human consciousness and awareness. As Dr. Carl Sagan was reported to have said in a private remark, the Star Visitors are here as "missionaries".
5. Star Visitors' role in human development. The Star Visitors have stated that they have been involved in human evolution since the ancient past. This has included Visitor genetic engineering of terrestrial primate stock to advance the development of human intelligence, dexterity, and consciousness. The Star Visitors have also intervened culturally, to engineer human consciousness by directed telepathic inspiration and by Visitor encounters with selected humans. Such interventions may help solve the archeological mystery of the Missing Link, and the cultural anthropology mystery of the sudden arising of Sumerian and proto-African high cultures without precursor cultures.
6. Star Visitors, the Avatars, and religious inspiration. The Avatars (major world religious leaders) are understood to include: Zoroaster (Zoroastrianism), Lao-Tse (Taoism), Moses (Judaism), Krishna (Hinduism), Quan Yin (compassionate Chinese Buddhist Enlightened One), Siddartha Guatama, the Buddha (Buddhism), White Buffalo Calf Woman/Lady of Guadalupe (Native American spirituality), Quetzalcoatl and Viracocha (Meso-American spirituality), Yeshua ben Joseph/Jesus (reform-Judaism, Christianity), Mohammed (original teaching), Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani (Sufi reform-mystical Islam), and Baha'u'llah (Bahai ecumenical spirituality).
Native American shaman-experiencers have declared that Jesus was a Star-Man, and that the Avatars are Star People. The Star Visitors have indicated that the Avatars were sent to raise human spiritual consciousness, and have alluded to Star Visitor involvement with them. Because of the imprecision of oral history, it is difficult in some cases to determine whether a given Avatar was: a human consistently guided by Star Visitor consciousnesses, a human with ensoulment by a soul which was Star Visitor in a previous life and retained advanced consciousness in this life, a human-extraterrestrial hybrid, or a Star Visitor manifesting with human appearance. This ambiguity was recently cleared up by information from the Star Nations. See Footnote 1 (below).
None of the above scenarios negates the role of the divine in religious inspiration, but rather allows for the divine to manifest through Star Visitor intermediaries. Just as the teachings and principles of the Great Religions were not uttered by God directly, but proclaimed to humanity through human intermediaries as well.
Those Star Visitors commenting on lifespan have unanimously spoken of Visitors and humans as having had previous lifetimes, and, after death from their current life, going on in many cases to successive lifetimes. Besides affirming reincarnation, the Star Visitors have spoken about individuals voluntarily and consciously choosing to incarnate in another body and live another lifetime. The subsequent lifetime is not necessarily on the same planet. Thus, Star Visitors have shown a human person, in some instances, the human's previous life as a Star Visitor, or their subsequent life as in Star Visitor form. Also, the Visitors have shown a former Star Visitor reincarnating in a human body to live a human lifetime. Indeed, some such humanized Visitor consciousnesses have deliberately come to Earth as missionaries, to aid in humanity's advancement. The degree of consciousness and spiritual progress that a given soul/consciousness makes in a given lifetime influences the possible choices available for that soul to have in a subsequent lifetime. There is no support in Star Visitor Spirituality for the doctrine of people having only a single lifetime, after which the soul is judged and assigned a permanent fate for all eternity.
8. Sin and the existence of evil. Star Visitor commentators have not dwelt on the idea of sin: they rather tend to portray bad human actions as unwise, unenlightened choices. The focus is on the human's learning to operate in a wiser fashion. The Star Visitors are not moral relativists, however. If choices are bad enough, they may try to influence humans to step in, or very rarely will step in themselves, to remedy the situation. The Star Visitors have sternly lectured many humans, including some governmental leaders, for bad choices which have harmed the environment or caused great human harm. The Star Visitors appear to think of evil as un-enlightenment, capable of improvement through growth in consciousness and awareness. Sanctions are seen more as blocks to harm and as moral lessons than as punishments.
9. Source/the Godhead, Creation and evolution. The available data favors the inclusionary view of development. Star Visitor telepathic messages have given indications of both creation aspects and evolution aspects to the cosmos. Perhaps the conundrum is clarified by knowing how the Star Visitors understand the divine. God is understood as the Supreme Source, out of which everything is manifested. The Supreme Source is that matrix of Consciousness out of which all entities have their being. This spirituality is somewhat akin to that which was expressed in the first chapter of the Gospel of John. There John spoke about "the Word", [Greek: logos], (God). The Word is equivalent to the Fundamental Principle which makes things be as they are. Everything exists with its own character insofar as it participates to a greater or lesser degree in some aspect of the supreme Word~Consciousness~Source.
10. Jesus and Redemption. Yeshua ben Joseph/Jesus' role in humanity's spiritual life must be understood in the context of what has already been expressed about Star Visitor influence on humankind and about all the Avatars. The Star Visitors consider Jesus's life of service to others and self-sacrifice as an excelling example of living in highly developed consciousness, as were his spiritual teachings, moral guidance, and witnessing to high principles at the cost of his life. From this perspective , "redemption" is not so much a washing away of humans' sins, as it is strikingly setting a new and higher standard of moral (high consciousness) behavior, and showing humans the dark results of low-consciousness choices. Jesus left humans free to chose, but emphatically pointed out the consequences of those choices. That is largely what the (non-Human-incarnate) Star Visitors do as well.
The Star Visitor civilizations which have evolved to the level of interstellar travel and 'missionary' work have hardly commented on their own spiritual evolution. Some Star Visitor civilizations have had a spiritual master like Jesus or Lao Tse incarnate and teach among them. We have much yet to learn from our off-world Visitors.
11. God's family. One of the key questions of spirituality is relationship to God. Who is in God's family? How big is that family? How varied? Our Star Visitors, by their very appearing among us, and by their communicating sensitive spiritual thoughts, demonstrate to us how wide and how varied God's family is. It truly spans the universe, and encompasses conscious, intelligent life in all its many forms. It may be reassuring to followers of traditional religion to know that it is true throughout the galaxy and beyond, that "wherever two or three are gathered," there the divine is in the midst of them. The Star Visitors acknowledge the spiritual preciousness of Humans as 'sparks' of Source. Nevertheless, different Star Visitor cultures vary in the way they express that acknowledgment, in view of Humans' transgressions against each other, other creatures, and the Earth.
As humans face the task of evaluating the visiting extraterrestrial spiritual cultures, let us reflect on the lessons available from our own religious history. For example, will Americans encountering visiting cosmic cultures be that much different than the behavior of European colonists meeting foreigners (the indigenous peoples of North America)?
The Europeans decided that the Carib Indians' religion was heathen and to be despised.
Perhaps the appropriate behavior for Humans at the upcoming meetings with Star Visitor representatives is the one suggested by Vatican Observatory astronomer and Jesuit, Guy Consulmagno: "If we were to make contact with other intelligent life, we'd have to tell our own sacred story, listen to them tell theirs, and learn."
 Star Nations Councillor Asheoma said that of the great Teachers (Avatars) who have come down and incarnated as Humans to help guide Humankind to a higher moral and metaphysical awareness, certain ones of these had actually completed the course of enlightenment (satori), and had arrived back at Source (God). They had come to see Ego as illusion and dropped it, completely realizing their fundamental union with Source.
And then some of these fully-enlightened persons became specific energy-manifestations, who moved back through the levels of evolving civilizations in the form of Teachers who are utterly Ego-less, with Source alone as present, the Human ego totally reabsorbed into Source.
So when people dealt with one of these totally-enlightened specific energy-manifestations, people were actually interacting with Source, albeit in Human form.
The following Source-taking-Human-form supreme Avatars were:
- White Buffalo Calf Woman/Lady of Guadalupe/Lady of Fatima
- Yeshua ben Joseph (Jesus)
- Lao Tse
- Quan Yin
Other Avatars were Star Visitors incarnate-as-Human, of varying degrees of spiritual/metaphysical advancement, but who while on Earth had not yet reached full enlightenment. These included:
- Krishna (who had not reached satori at the time of being in Human form, was close, and, yes, has achieved it at this time)
- Zarathustra (who is still on the path of service, has returned to Earth many times in service, his last service was as the one called Mother Teresa)
- Siddartha Gautama, the Buddha ( who was not fully reunited with Source while on Earth, but did return to Source at the end of the life where he was known as Buddha. He still serves Earth in the level of Spirit still as direct energy of Source through the name known of Earth.
- Moses (leader who helped teach reformed spirituality to the Jewish people)
- Abd al-Quadir al-Jilani (not yet in satori; serves at this time as a spiritual advisor to a Species who are holding responsibility for what would be a series of over 50,000 Planet Beings , Moon stations, and created base stations.)
Boylan, R., 1992. Extraterrestrial Contact and Human Responses. Author, Sacramento, CA.
Boylan, R., 1994. Close Extraterrestrial Encounters: Positive Experiences with Mysterious Visitors. Wild Flower Press, Newberg, OR.
Boylan, R., 1996 Labored Journey To The Stars. Author, Sacramento, CA.
Dr. Richard Boylan has served as a psychologist, hypnotherapist, university professor, priest (resigned in 1968), and UFO researcher..
Richard Boylan, Ph.D., Councillor
Dr. Boylan lives in northern California, U.S..